Microneedling is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments sought around the country, and it’s one of the most requested services we offer at AM Facial Plastics. Microneedling is a nonsurgical procedure that encourages collagen production by pricking your skin with sterile treatment needles.
Microneedling is highly recommended by influencers and celebrities alike thanks to its anti-aging advantages, but you don’t need to be an A-lister to reap the benefits of this treatment. In this post, Dr. Arash Moradzadeh explains how microneedling can make you look younger and what you can expect during your treatment.
Can microneedling make you look younger?
Yes! While microneedling can’t turn back the hands of time, it can restore a more youthful appearance, and it’s all due to one protein: collagen.
During your microneedling treatment, the microneedling device rolls over your skin, and the “micro” needles prick your skin, creating tiny wounds. These wounds are small, but they still stimulate your body’s healing response.
Your body responds to each needle poke by increasing the flow of blood to the wound and stimulating the growth of new cells. Collagen production increases, and as a result, your skin becomes firmer and more youthful in appearance. Because newer, healthy cells replace the older skin cells, fine lines become less noticeable.
How microneedling makes you appear more youthful
Microneedling doesn’t just improve the tone and texture of your skin. Here’s a quick look at the many ways microneedling can restore a more youthful appearance.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Reduces the appearance of age spots
- Tightens loose, sagging skin
- Shrinks enlarged pores
- Reduces acne scars
- Addresses thinning hair and encourages new hair growth when targeted on your scalp
Microneedling treatments can be administered on your face and scalp as well as your neck and chest. Microneedling can also be used anywhere you have stretch marks. Because coverage is so comprehensive, this helps create a unified look.
Restore your confidence and youthful glow
Because microneedling can address many signs of aging — such as hair loss, wrinkles, and sagging skin — it’s important to know that we offer a variety of microneedling systems so you can get the tailored treatments you need to enjoy the results you desire.
- Secret™ RF combines fractional radiofrequency with the microneedling process to further boost collagen production and increase skin firmness
- Morpheus8Ⓡ harnesses the power of fractional radiofrequency energy and bipolar radiofrequency energy to penetrate deeply into your skin
- ProfoundⓇ tackles both facial wrinkles and cellulite
- FractoraⓇ is ideal for those interested in resurfacing their skin
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments with microneedling are ideal for reducing inflammation and increasing collagen production thanks to PRP’s growth factors
During your consultation, Dr. Moradzadeh reviews your cosmetic concerns and recommends the right system for addressing the signs of aging that affect you.
Are you ready to treat yourself? Explore what microneedling can do for you by scheduling your consultation today. You can call us at 310-659-9900 or use our online tool to make an appointment at one of our offices in Beverly Hills or Santa Barbara, California.